Friday, May 18, 2012

Graduation

So I am a little behind with blogging. I think it is so funny how people in blogs apologize for being a week behind, but I am a month. Oh well, better late than never!
So here is the post from Graduation from BYU-Idaho. This occurred on April 6, 2012 at the BYU-Idaho Center in Rexburg, Idaho. It was so great having our families come into town and we were able to relax, celebrate, and enjoy time with family. However for me it was still a little stressful because I was asked to speak at graduation about a month and a half before graduation, and of course the week of graduation I still didn't have a clue what I was going to speak on. I ended up writing my graduation speech the day before graduation once I started writing and got over the writers block.
The day of graduation I was a little stressed. The day seemed to CRAWL by as I awaited the time in which I would have to speak. In the afternoon we finally made our way to campus in order to line up for Commencement which is where all the graduates gather together and proceed into the BYU-Idaho Center. We had the wonderful opportunity to hear from Elder M. Russell Ballard Click Here. However with me being stressed about speaking I have to admit that I didn't really pay any attention, I was off in another world I guess you could say.
Then after Commencement the graduates proceeded out and met up with our families before Convocation in which I would speak. We then headed back into the auditorium area where I would take my place on the stage. It was so nerve-racking. Dr. Lamb gave us comfort by telling us that you wont see anyone with the lights... lets just say that that statement was NOT true. I was the first to speak, and I was really nervous until I got to speaking and then everything was fine. I actually really enjoyed it and was re-leaved that it was finally happening. When I was finished I was actually surprised at how fast time went by and was wondering if I was way short on time. I have to say that I actually really enjoyed speaking and took a deep breath when I sat back down and knew that all I had to do now was walk across the stage to receive my diploma cover.
After that part of graduation was completed we then took our seats with the other graduates to walk on the stage and announce our degree. Agriculture was the very first department to walk and so we were done right away and then it was the waiting game. It was fun to see everyone walk across the stage and how many people I recognized from other departments that I had a class with. Chris also walked with my college since I was speaking.
Overall it was a great experience and I was so relieved when it was all over. Here are some photos from graduation.
 Before Graduation: Photos with Family






Commencement




Convocation









After Graduation

Dr. Jim Lamb, Chris, Heather





The day after graduation we had a day with family. We went out to lunch at the Olive Garden in Idaho Falls, the Museum of Idaho which had dinosaurs, and then went and walked around the Green Belt. We had a lot of fun spending time with family and relaxing after graduation. Here are some photos at the Green Belt.


 Many of the birds at the park were not in a good mood. Chris took a TON of photos of the birds and I believe we ended up with more photos of birds than we did graduation. At least we got some cool action shots.


No comments:

Post a Comment